ENGIE's annual Executive Leadership Session in Chicago
On September 24, 2019, ENGIE hosted its annual Executive Leadership Session in Chicago. ENGIE executives spent time at 1871, one of Chicago’s largest tech incubators, to learn more about the growing tech landscape in the Midwest and meet with Chicago entrepreneurs.
The session began with a panel of tech experts:
- Erik Birkerts, CEO, Clean Energy Trust
- Amy Francetic, Managing Director, Energize Ventures
- Deepinder Singh, CEO, 75F
- Sonny Garg, Global Lead, Energy Solutions, Uptake
Next, ENGIE’s global CEO, Isabelle Kocher was joined by the president of Microsoft, France, Carlo Purassanta to announce two initiatives:
- A long-term solar and wind energy power purchase agreement (PPA) that provides 24/7 supply to Microsoft in the United States, and
- Implementation of Darwin, energy software developed by ENGIE using the intelligent cloud services of Microsoft Azure to optimize performance of ENGIE’s wind, solar, and hybrid (wind + solar) renewable assets worldwide.
Following this presentation, the Deputy Mayor of the City of Chicago, Samir Mayekar provided compelling information about the city’s current initiatives related to energy and sustainability, and its goals for the future.
The ENGIE Executive Leadership Session concluded with the CEO of 1871, Betsy Ziegler sharing an inspiring overview of the entrepreneur tech scene in Chicago.View All Image Galleries