ENGIE North America Releases Inaugural Sustainability Report
HOUSTON – Today, as the world marks another Earth Day, ENGIE North America released its inaugural Sustainability Report. Download it on engie-na.com.
Fitting hand-in-glove with the 2020 Earth Day theme of “Climate Action”, the report details action ENGIE North America is taking, together with customers and communities, to achieve a zero-carbon future. The report outlines:
- Impressive statistics, like:
- a record-setting year of building nearly 500 MW of renewable capacity with 2GW currently in construction,
- a 22.4% reduction of our direct CO2 emissions since 2017
- 9% of women in ENGIE North America’s workforce and 38% of women on the Executive Committee.
- Explanations of our main Corporate and Cities Power Purchasing Agreements (PPA)s like the ones with Walmart and The City of Philadelphia, and unique client relationships that span decades, such as those with Ohio State University, the University of Iowa and more.
- Several customer and partner interviews that discuss ENGIE North America’s collaboration and solution-oriented approach to achieve client energy goals.
This report is a powerful illustration of ENGIE North America’s mission in the zero-carbon transition by accelerating the deployment of clean, affordable, innovative and resilient energy solutions.
The crisis we are going through must not make us forget the other critical global challenge, climate change. Recovery will have to be green, sustainable and inclusive.”
“The crisis we are going through must not make us forget the other critical global challenge, climate change. Recovery will have to be green, sustainable and inclusive,” said Gwenaelle Avice-Huet, Executive Vice-President of ENGIE and CEO of ENGIE North America. “At ENGIE we are fully mobilized to make zero-carbon transition accessible for our customers. We look forward to continuing our role as a trusted partner for clients and communities as we take action together to fight climate change.”
In addition to the focus on sustainability, the report also outlines actions ENGIE North America is taking in diversity and inclusion, such as the company’s commitment to have women in half of all management positions by 2030; a commitment to responsible purchasing; an outline of education institution relationships; and more.
About ENGIE North America
ENGIE North America Inc. offers a range of capabilities in the United States and Canada to help customers decarbonize, decentralize and digitalize their operations. These include comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense; clean power generation; energy storage; and retail energy supply that includes renewable, demand response, and on-bill financing options. Nearly 100% of the company’s power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE S.A. is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, employing 160,000 people in 70 countries. For more information on ENGIE North America, please visit our LinkedIn page or Twitter feed, www.engie-na.com and www.engie.com.
ENGIE North America: Sandrine Deparis, email@example.com, (202) 855 3705View All Press Releases